Start with a Blank Canvas
Looking for a specific table or chair leg for your furniture project to suit your personal taste or décor? Our new In the White range is ideal for customising as the wood comes pre-sanded and primed ready for finishing.
With hundreds of products available in this range, you can easily customise almost any piece of furniture you like. We have hundreds of items in stock, but if you’re looking for something more bespoke then get in touch. We offer a 3D prototyping service and can design and make products to meet your specifications.
Our range includes:
- Furniture legs
- Table legs
- Table tops
- Furniture legs with castors
- Furniture legs with slipper cups
- Footstool legs
We’ll get our hands dirty so you don’t have to!
We understand that staining or waxing furniture can be a messy job! To save you time and hassle, we offer a comprehensive staining service for a small fee of £5. You can choose from a range of stains, waxes and oils in a wide variety of colours.
DIY at Home
However, if you prefer to do it yourself, we sell furniture waxes and oils as well as wood stains in a choice of 21 colours to help to make your project truly unique.
Here are our top five tips for doing it yourself:
- Preparation is key. As well as ensuring the surface of your furniture is ready for waxing or staining, you should also think about where you’re doing it. Ensure the area you’re working in is covered and where possible lay down a dust sheet or similar to make clearing up as easy as possible. You could go one step further if the weather is nice and prepare your piece outside!
- Plan. Make sure you think about how you’re going to tackle the project. If it’s a chair, then you may wish to start with the underside first. If it’s a large piece, you may want to raise it off the ground to make it easier to reach.
- Transfer the stain into a pot or tray. We recommend that you stir the stain before transferring it to a separate pot (to avoid any unwanted spillages!) and continue to stir it between applications to avoid any separation or colour discrepancies.
- Don’t rush. It’s all too tempting to try and get the job done as quickly as possible, but don’t rush what appears to be a simple job. Getting the right finish takes time, allow a good 24 hours between applications.
- Take pride in the finished piece. Once you’ve completed your project, set it in pride of place and admire your hard work!
Top tip – if you’re using any of the products from our In the White range, you don’t need to sand them first as all our components come fully prepared!
Finally, we’re here to make sure your latest project is everything you hope it to be. We love a good success story so don’t forget to include @ReupholsterySF in your tweet or upload your photos to our Facebook page.